Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rapid Fire Rewind

Sound the alarm! I'm BAAAACK! With the clock ticking down to football season, I feel like I now have some passion behind my posts again! It's time to be back in business, folks.

To get started I'm going to quickly review the year in sports from the last time I posted (Ehhhh mind you it was Fall of 2009...) some of it you may not agree with what I have to say, but hey - you can't please 'em all.

1. NCAA Football -Alabama stomped Texas for the National Championship. PS - Texas did not lose because Colt McCoy got hurt (cough WIMP cough). Texas lost because Alabama was and is a better, more aggressive more physical team. They just flat got out-played. As always, I would just LOVE to see Texas play a mediocre SEC schedule (at best) - what a wake up call that would be.

2. NFL - The Saints won the Super Bowl in the MOST exciting, inspiring, energizing, FANTASTIC professional football game that I've seen in a long time. Between the images of Drew Brees with his ear-muff clad son, or the owner waving around his LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL umbrella - it was unbelivable. Talk about a feel good sports story (for once!) coming out of the NFL. Thank you, New Orleans.

Oh yeah - The NFL also lost a legend, class act, first rate QB in Kurt Warner. What a fantastic role model for children growing up in the sport. Hey, maybe he could even be a role model for Brett Favre (NOTE TO BRETT - Give it up already before you break your hip out there.... Oh, and make a decision - then actually MAKE it)

3. NBA - The Lakers won the NBA Championship. Yuck. Bryant? Over it. Gasol? SHAVE for crying outloud. Odom? You're more fun on Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Jackson? Aren't you like 100 years old? Haven't you won like 38 championships? Retire already, dude.

LeBron James has a HUGE, RIDICULOUS, OUT OF CONTROL ego. I hope it fits in the franchise at Miami - yikes! He said he wanted to win championships with Wade and Bosh. Well, I have news for him - it's not going to happen. You have a successful team with a leader, support players, and those who fill VITAL non-on the court attributes. You don't have a successful team with three egos... and some other guys...

4. NCAA Baseball - On a more personal note, my Horned Frogs reached the College World Series for the first time and became the darlings of Omaha! Needless to say, after Matt Curry's grand slam - I was hoarse the next day. Wow, what an unbelievable moment in TCU history. I'm SO proud to be a Horned Frog - then, now and ALWAYS!

Oh and South Carolina won - good job Cocks... (heehee)

5. World Cup - Uhhhhhh.... they went to South Africa? There were loud annoying noises? There was an octopus that was really successful in picking the winners. Spain won. That's all I've got :) Needless to say, soccer ain't my thing!

6. MLB - The Astros are HORRIBLE TERRIBLE NO GOOD VERY BAD baseball team. End of story. That's where my baseball care stops - and it CRASHED AND BURNED this year with the Dis-Astros.

Well, folks - that's all I've got for now! I'm excited to be writing again, it feels good.

Let me know if I missed anything - I'll gladly give my 2 cents! :)

Until we meet again.... (and I promise it won't be August 2011!)

2 comments:

  1. The Miami WILL win championships... Maybe not this year, but they'll have at least 3 rings with those 3 guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I demand you make soccer your thing! Good read though, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?